5 Best Bucket Toilet Seats
If you click and purchase with one of our links, we earn a commission. Thanks.
Suppose you are planning a camping trip. The location is mind-blowing, but it doesn’t have access to bathroom facilities. What will you do if you have to answer nature’s call? Sure, digging a hole and doing it seems a good idea, but it isn’t the ideal option. Instead, you should consider using a bucket toilet with a snap-on toilet seat.
Using a bucket toilet seat has tons of benefits. First of all, you can set it up easily. All you need to do is find a private space and two trash bags, and you are good to go. Moreover, bucket toilet seats are inexpensive compared to composting toilet systems. You can set up your private toilet on your camping site without spending a fortune.
If you are not sure which bucket toilet seat to buy, consider choosing from the list below.
1. Reliance Luggable Loo Snap-on Toilet Seat with Lid
The Reliance Luggable Loo Snap-on Toilet Seat with Lid is an ideal bucket toilet for hiking and camping trips. It can convert a five-gallon bucket into a portable toilet once you put the toilet seat on top. The snap-on feature works flawlessly and secures the seat to the pail properly. It is a pocket-friendly bucket toilet seat that also comes with the functionality of a chemical toilet. This is a must-have for those who go on camping trips frequently or live in motor homes.
- It is suitable for 20-liter or 5-gallon capacity.
- It is an inexpensive bucket toilet seat ideal for fishing, camping, and hunting expeditions.
- It has a traditional snap-on lid design.
- You can set it up within a few minutes if you have a bucket handy.
- The bucket size may be slightly small for large people.
- The seat and pail are sold separately.
2. Emergency Zone Brand Honey Bucket Emergency Toilet Seat
The Emergency Zone Brand Honey Bucket Emergency Toilet Seat is a lightweight bucket toilet seat that can fit on most 3, 5, and even 6-gallon buckets. Its snap-on design allows you to shut the lid once you finish taking your dump. Another advantage of using this toilet seat is it supports up to 250 lbs. However, you should also consider the quality of your bucket. The seat secures onto the plastic garbage bag underneath and doesn’t let it slip away if you use it frequently.
- It is suitable for various bucket sizes. You can use one according to the number of people traveling with you.
- It is one of the lightest toilet bucket seats in the market right now.
- It can support up to 250 lbs, provided you use a high-quality bucket underneath.
- The seat is wide enough to fit large people.
- You need to use the snap-on feature multiple times to allow the plastic to sit on the bucket properly.
3. Camco Portable Toilet Bucket with Seat and Lid
Camco Portable Toilet Bucket with Seat and Lid is perfect for all types of outdoor recreations, such as fishing, tailgating, hunting, and camping. Its smooth interior lining ensures easy cleaning. This means you don’t have to scrub the interiors to clean the poop marks left by others. It fits on a 5-gallon bucket easily, which is adequate for your entire family. The lid and seat’s color doesn’t fade over time, even if you keep the bucket toilet seat in the open.
- This toilet seat is lightweight and easy to carry. It comes with a carry handle that allows you to take the seat and bucket wherever you want.
- The seat snaps tightly, locking everything in the bucket. It also has a lid attachment that prevents the odor from coming out.
- It is made of UV-resistant polypropylene material, which prevents the lid and seat from getting discolored.
- The seat’s design is not appropriate for males.
4. Reliance Products Hunter's LOO
The Reliance Products Hunter’s LOO is a minimalist bucket toilet seat that provides a convenient way to take a dump. It is adequate for a 5-gallon bucket and has metallic handles, allowing you to carry the seat along with the bucket anywhere you want. The seat has a strong snap-on hinged design with a replaceable lid. You have to secure the snap-on feature over the garbage bag before using the toilet seat.
- Its minimalistic design with camouflage pattern makes the toilet seat look different than its competitors.
- It only weighs 3 pounds, making it one of the most lightweight bucket toilet seats on the market.
- It comes with a five-year manufacturing warranty.
- It is compatible with a standard double doodie bag to clean up the mess easily.
- It is costlier than other models available.
- It is not as spacious as some of its competitors. This makes it unstable as you need to sit on top of it cautiously all the time.
5. BodShell Portable Toilet Seat Lid
The BodShell Portable Toilet Seat Lid is a USA-made toilet seat ideal for bathroom emergencies in camping, hiking, and fishing trips. It snaps securely on a 5-gallon plastic bucket but make sure the bucket has at least a 12-inch diameter at the top of the rim. You can shut the toilet lid to prevent odor from coming out. It also has convenient hook holes that allow you to storage the seat properly when not in use.
- It fits best on a 5-gallon bucket, which is more than sufficient to hold your family’s dump at one time.
- The toilet lid snaps the seat shut and prevents foul smell from coming out of the bucket.
- Its ergonomic design makes it ideal both for male and female users.
- The hook holes allow you to store and wash the seat easily.
- It doesn’t fit properly on a 5-gallon bucket with less than a 12-inch diameter.
What Is A Bucket Toilet Seat And Why You Need One?
A bucket toilet seat is like a lifesaver when you get an urgent nature’s call during your camping or hiking trip. All you need to do is take a bucket and set up the toilet seat on top.
It isn’t easy to dig up a hole and take a dump when you go camping. What if it’s raining heavily? Moreover, you may not find enough space to dig a hole and do your thing. Instead, it’s a lot convenient to use a bucket toilet. It hardly costs a few bucks. Most importantly, it is easy to clean. You should keep plastic liners lined on the bucket so that the seat can secure it properly. This will allow you to take the dump peacefully and clear the mess later.
Benefits Of Using A Bucket Toilet Seat
There is no denying that it’s almost impossible to control when you get an urgent nature’s call. But you may not find a comfortable toilet when you go camping. A bucket toilet seat can come to your rescue if you carry a bucket with you. You don’t have to walk a mile from your camping spot to visit the nearest loo. Just set up the toilet seat on the bucket and take your dump comfortably.
Bucket toilet seats cost a few bucks. But it provides a comfortable way to take a dump when you go hiking or camping.
- Easy to deodorize
Many people think that use a plastic lining and a bucket will emit a bad smell of poop. That isn’t true. The lid on the seat prevents the odor from coming out. You can later dump the lining in a safe place and clean the toilet seat and use it on your next trip.
Things To Look For In A Good Bucket Toilet Seat
Check whether the size is suitable to accommodate a large person or not. This ensures that you don’t have to sit like a kid on the toilet seat. You should be able to spread your legs properly as you usually do in your toilet.
- Dumping and cleaning
What are the dumping options available? You should check the answer to this question before you buy a bucket toilet seat. It is always best to buy a seat that tightly fits the bucket. This will allow the plastic lining underneath to sit tightly on the bucket and not slip if you use the seat frequently.
- Seat height
Make sure you buy a seat that isn’t too close to the ground. That will mean you will have to sit on your haunches, and that’s not a comfortable position to take a dump. The seat’s height should be adequate to allow kids and adults to sit comfortably.
A bucket toilet seat is an incredible option to take dumps peacefully when you go camping or hiking. It’s best to carry a bucket along instead of running a mile down to the nearest toilet that may turn out to be messy. If you are looking for the best bucket toilet seat, go for the Reliance Luggable Loo Snap-on Toilet Seat with Lid. It is the number-one recommendation by experts and users because of its ergonomic design and low cost.